Songs for my baby – Be my baby

According to the pregnancy books, our unborn baby can now hear what’s going on. So I’m starting as I mean to go on and introducing them to some of my favourite songs.

I love the lyrics to Be My Baby, it’s so full of hope and anticipation. Until recently I have only really thought of this in the context of adult relationships, thanks to Dirty Dancing, but really the lyrics are quite appropriate for a baby too.

Singing this reminds me of the first scan, of seeing them wriggle around and doing somersaults for the first time. It also reminds me of our hopes for the life we’re going to give this little one.

Did you or would you sing to your baby before they were born? If so, what songs?

Be My Baby by The RonettesĀ

The night we met I knew I needed you so, and if I had the chance I’d never let you go

So won’t you say you love me? I’ll make you so proud of me, we’ll make them turn their heads every place we go

So won’t you, please?(Be my, be my baby)Be my little baby

I’ll make you happy, baby, just wait and see, for every kiss you give me, I’ll give you three

Oh, since the day I saw you, I have been waiting for you, you know I will adore you ’til eternity

So won’t you, please?(Be my, be my baby)Be my little baby

Posted in: Songs for my baby

Tagged:

7 Comments

1. Posted February 1, 2013 at 11:48 am | Permalink

I love this song too! So great for singing along to! And its even cuter when I picture you singing it to the bump :)

2. Elsie
    Posted February 1, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

get your hearing aid around this Barbara, (I expect you and small Stendall to have a car bop to this on your holidays/the school run – we do.) Talk about your simple pleasures. “I’ve got food in my belly and a license for my telly…”

• admin
      Posted February 1, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

I love this one Elsie!

3. Posted February 1, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Aw, love this song! There’s an awesome version by We Are Scientists for the indie/rock babies out there :)

• admin
      Posted February 1, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

I must check it out Helen! x

4. Posted February 1, 2013 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

I like the fact that TinyT can hear me singing at school with the children.We’re trying to listen to more music, so far it’s been more Radio 3 & a little Fairground Attraction.

• admin
      Posted February 1, 2013 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

ooh now Fairground Attraction, that’s a good one!